Special Equipment

Some of the most important regulations are:

    Special Equipment Licensing [DDET Read more]

    Chinese licensing of Special Equipment is under the responsibility of the Special Equipment Licensing Office (SELO), of the Department of Special Equipment Safety Supervision of AQSIQ.

    SELO is responsible for the reception and processing of application materials and reports upon inspection to AQSIQ. SELO is also responsible for managing the licensing data base, mailing licenses and more. The requirements and procedures for Special Equipment Licensing in China are listed in the relevant ministerial regulations and relative AQSIQ specifications, accordingly to the Regulations on Safety Supervision of Special Equipment of P. R. China.

    Article 14 of the Regulation on Safety Supervision of Special Equipment indicates that “Organizations carrying out manufacturing, installation or modification of boilers, pressure-vessels, elevators, lifting appliances, passenger ropeway, large amuse devices and safety accessories, safety protection devices, and the manufacturer of pipes, pipe fittings, valves, flanges, compensator and safety protection devices to be used by pressure pipes, shall be approved by the State Council’s competent authority for special equipment safety prior to conducting above activities”.

    The procedure for obtaining Chinese Special Equipment Licensing is as follows:

    1. The application is sent to SELO, which checks and submits it to the Department of Special Equipment Safety Supervision of AQSIQ.

    2. Department of Special Equipment Safety Supervision of AQSIQ will review the application, before notifying the applicant whether the application is accepted.

    3. Upon acceptation of the application, if type testing or trial-manufactured product is required, the applicant shall prepare the trial-manufactured product or have an AQSIQ-approved laboratory conduct the type testing.

    4. The applicant arranges an appointment with an AQSIQ-approved inspection body for on-site inspection (proof of application acceptance and type testing report needed). The inspection body will submit its inspection report and associated documents back to SELO.

    5. checks the completeness of inspection documents, After verification, SELO submits the documents to the Department of Special Equipment Safety Supervision of AQSIQ for review and approval.

    6. After approval by the Department, SELO issues the licence to the applicant.


      Heavy polluting equipment licensing [DDET Read more]

      Heavy polluting equipment licensing can be required – for instance new heavy-duty vehicles may require a type-approval for exhaust emissions.


        Industrial Product Manufacturing Licensing [DDET Read more]

        The licensing of Industrial Product Manufacturing is foreseen by the Regulations on Industrial Product Manufacturing Licensing of P. R. China. This covers processed food directly relating to human health, products that may impact the safety of human life, products related to financial security and communication quality and safety, products that may affect working safety or public safety and more. This licensing is performed by AQSIQ and by provincial Quality and Technical Supervision Bureaus, with the collaboration of relevant authorities and stakeholders.


          Calibration Apparatus Manufacturing/Repairing Licensing [DDET Read more]

          Article 12 of the Metrology Law of the People's Republic of China indicates that “Organization manufacturing or repairing calibration apparatus shall have facilities, personnel and calibration devices and equipment which are appropriate to the calibration apparatus manufactured or repaired by such organization, and shall be evaluated as competent by metrology administration authority that is at or above county-level and obtain the License for Manufacturing Calibration Apparatus or the License for Repairing Calibration Apparatus”. Competent authorities for verifications are metrology administration departments of county, municipal or provincial Quality and Technical Supervision Bureaus.


            Mining product safety mark and related certification [DDET Read more]

            some mining products may also need CCC (e.g. flexible rubber-sheeted cables for mining purposes) and/or the license for high-risk equipment.


            For more information please feel free to contact us.

            Many of these schemes are additional to the CCC regulations and depending on the specific type, combinations of two or even three different licenses may be needed before a product can be marketed in China. In certain cases, it may be possible to combine the testing and inspection requirements across different schemes.

            Quality Partnerships provides extensive support to obtain market licenses in China and helps you identify the licenses required for your products and services and support you with most of these market access schemes. Quality Partnerships’ network of qualified experts will be happy to evaluate costs and time-saving solutions for any combination of these schemes.